The Tall Cookie Lady (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Website Terms & Conditions and any additional terms incorporated by reference into such documents) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.thetallcookielady.com and accepting our Website Terms & Conditions, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Tall Cookie Lady (located at 3 Poppy Close, Kingston Bagpuize, Oxfordshire, OX13 5FS).
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Graeme Rowe.
When this policy applies
This policy applies to:
- Our website www.thetallcookielady.com (our website); and
- All of the goods and services offered by us through our website (Products).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information (including personal data) about you:
Information you give us. You may give us certain personal information including your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address and phone number, your mobile device’s phone number, financial and credit card information (where you do not pay us through our chosen third party payment provider).
Information we collect about you and your computer or mobile device
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including;
- the type of mobile device you use, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting;
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit to our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to and through our website; goods and services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- details of your visits to any of our website including, but not limited to traffic data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Information we receive from other sources. Where we work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) we may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements with you and provide you with the information, goods and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our Products; and
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- Information we collect about you and your computer or mobile device. We will use this information:
- to administer our Products and site for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Products and site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in N11). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website; and
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if The Tall Cookie Lady or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Tall Cookie Lady, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using suitable encryption technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will not keep personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which they were collected. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all data which is no longer required.
Certain of our Products include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access, delete or change information held about you. Your right can be exercised in accordance with the Act of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
This document was last updated on 23rd December 2021.